Today 1.0.5 has been released! If you play on Steam, you should get an auto update. On Humble Store, or if you bought direct, you can download the new version by logging into your humble account, or using this tool: https://www.humblebundle.com/resender. If you bought on GOG.com, you'll have to log in and download it. GOG might take a few more hours to update to 1.0.5.
There's a new modkit, available here: BanishedKit_220.127.116.11505.zip
If you want, you can patch from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 manually (the non-steam version). You can use this patch here: BanishedPatch_1.0.4_To_18.104.22.168505.zip. Just unzip it into the directory where Banished is installed.
If anything seems amiss with the new version, contact me.
Changes in 1.0.5:
- - UTF8 is now used instead of USC2.
- - Resource files can be in UTF8, USC2, UTF16, big and little endian. They'll be converted to UTF8 on load.
- - Memory usage allowance has been increased to 1 gigabyte, which should allow for larger mods.
- - All materials now use custom shading language SRSL instead of HLSL.
- - Any mods with custom materials will need to be modified to point to the new shaders and/or use SRSL.
- - Math library can now be compiled without the need for SIMD instructions.
- - OpenGL is now supported (but isn't currently being released with the PC version)
- - Data compilation is now in a separate DLL - CompileWin.dll - this can be swapped out for other platforms (consoles, mac, linux, etc)
- - Shader compiler is now in it's own DLL. Video DX9/DX11/GL dlls are no longer required for compiling shaders.
- - Added safety code to check for invalid and dangling pointers - this should make catching hard to find and rare issues easier.
- - Sped up mod details dialog for massive mods that have 10000's of files included. This should make looking at conflicts and uploading to Steam workshop easier.
- - Beta Mods and Mods newer than the currently released version can no longer be uploaded to Steam Workshop.
- - Nvidia and AMD GPUs in laptops should now be auto selected for use, instead of an Intel Integrated card.
- - Textile limit is now available for modders to use.
- - Cropfields, Fishing, Forester, Hunters, Orchards, and Pastures now have a configurable resource limit.
- - Livestock has a resource limit for the by product they make (eggs, wool, milk, etc) Note that if a by product isn't created because of the resource limit, the icon won't appear above the building.
- - Added textile to the Status Bar, Resource Limit window, and Town Hall UI
- - Added graphs for textiles to Town Hall UI
- - Fixed a bug that caused fonts from 1.0.4 to not load in 1.0.5. A UCS2 - UTF8 conversion wasn't made properly.
- - Fixed a bug that caused dropped resources (from citizen death/task cancelation) to drop in invalid places.
- - Fixed a bug that caused orchards to cause invalid data access and or data corruption if a citizen tried to harvest a tree, but the tree died before he got there.
- - Fixed a bug that caused potential memory corruption when cutting down an orchards trees.
- - Fixed a bug that caused a crash if game startup failed before memory allocation was available or was corrupt. It now properly displays an error.
- - Added better error message if the game runs out of memory due to too many mods loaded.
- - Fixed a bug that caused a crash when loading old mods that had custom materials. The game will no longer crash, however objects with those materials will not display. To fix this issue, mods should be updated to the newest mod kit version and update the materials.