Login / Register

Mod Suggestions Page

Giliweed

I have some ideas.... New Ideas for the game ...

I just love playing banished... Its awesome. Specially the new CC mod. I have been playing this game for a year now... and got some new ideas for the game. I'm not sure whether they are possible to come alive as a mod, but still I wish to know if someone is interested....

1) Is it possible to add "Tiger" (as wild animal) to the game? Tigers can be in special maps or maps with deep forest. New profession : "Guard" . Guard will secure limited area of the town from the tigers. "Guards" will be able to kill tigers and take leather. if there is no guard on job then Tigers can roam around the town (just like deer) and kill (eat) citizen. This could create a massive challenge in the survivable of citizen. This could be known as "Tiger Mod".

2) The game already has duck, chicken, cow, sheep, pig, bison, horse and deer. Than why not rats? Cats? and Dogs? Rats could appear like "natural deserters" (like fire, disease, tornado). Rats will attack barn house as well as normal houses (wooden/stone) and eat(destroy) all the food inside. To kill the rats we need cats. New building : "Cat House". Cat House can keep cats to secure limited area from rats. Cats can be trade at the trading post. Eventually cats can die (normal death) after 5-10 years so that we can trade more cats. Cats will need milk/fish for survival . Labors will deliver milk/fish at the Cat House. Otherwise cats will die due to starvation.

New building: "Dog House". Dog House will keep dogs to help labors picking up resources within limited area. Dogs will pick up any item on the ground and take it to stockpile or barn. Dogs can be trade from trade post. Dogs will need meat/crop for survival. Labors will deliver food at Dog House or else they will die in hunger. Similar to Cats they will survive for 5-10 years. NOTE: Dogs will not clear area, they will only pick up resources left by the labors. For example, when labors are clearing an area, they use tools to clear trees/herbs etc and left them as logs/herb baskets etc. Dogs will pick up those logs/herb baskets/fruit baskets/iron & stone cuts etc. This will help collecting resources faster. This could be known as "Pet Mod".

Besides rats, cats and dogs roaming around the town just like the citizen will surely give the game a new look. And don't forget the new buildings.

I have more ideas for the game. And not all of them are animal related. Leave a reply so that I feel awesome while telling rest of the ideas.

Princess

I really enjoy playing the smaller towns rather than big ones, so having a smaller town hall or having the "Little Chapel" also double as a functional town hall and church.

A mod that lets you choose which seeds/livestock you start out with - compatible with mods that add more of them.

Nolimits

One thing that really frustrates me in the game, is no carter or teamsters service. The ability to move things from one place to another. Say like wood from a tree cutter's stockpile deep in the forest, to a stockpile in town. Same with food produced on farm to town. Just a person with a cart (like the traders) you can assign to move goods from one place to another.

TheFpO

Hi,

I don't know if any of you ever played pharaoh and pharaoh queen of the nile. In much views banished is a similar game.
The reason I mention this is because for me and as I've read for many others there are quite some features in this game that are suggested as mods for banished. A quick look at the game might give developers as glance at what might be added to banished.

I really like the way stockyards and other storage facilitys work in Pharaoh, there are many recources as well as defensive structures and invaders, religion etc...

So I wouldn't mind seeing some features (mostly the storage function) from pharaoh into banished.

Greetz

SuzGQ

I'll add my requirement to this list:

Please can someone do something about the trade houses? Once you have made a trade and any items that you have traded everything of, could those tallies then be automatically reset to zero? I find that after I dismiss the boat, having made a trade, say for six cows, I then have to go back into the trade house inventory and reset all the traded items back to zero so that my traders don't empty out the barns in trying to restock those items.

It's the one thing about trading that I find really frustrating.

Thank you so much.

BanishedWolf

I would like to see horses used for work, like transporting goods to trade posts or from mines/ quarries to where they are stored and used for loosing fields

Stables
To store horses and breed them it can be have 2-4 labourers working there, they would need to have rope stone and wood to make it but require wheat to feed the horses

Damjan

Hi guys,

I strolled a little bit but I haven't read all of the suggestions so sorry if this is already proposed :)

GimmeCat already made a nice mod called Flatten Terrain Tool. It does it's job and it usefull for flattening small hills like 5x5 in size. You guys probably know what i mean. The thing is, it would be great to be able to "flatten" bodies of water.

http://prntscr.com/bqp5ta
Just follow the link above and take a look the screenshot. Instead of flattening this area to ground level, it would be awesome to pull it down so that all of the area looks like river, lake...

MellowtheHippie

I would like to see a mod that allows you to domesticate wild animals.

Also I love the viking suggestion, and I am surprised no one has done that yet. Would be superb with that Up North mod. :)

Abzlass82

Horses? Could be ridden and also a cart mod so that the horses could pull the carts and be used by the laboureres. As this is what most likely would have happened somewhere on a frontier etc.

Chickamidl

Transportation i Banished

In banished we have horses and ships but none of these seems to be able to transport goods or people.
Is it possible for any of you clever people to make a mod for ex horse and waggon or ferry?