- Filename: roadbound.pkm (129 kB)
- Current version: 5.0 (46 months ago)
- Total downloads: 6,590
Roadbound allows for advanced road and decoration placement, and is made to compliment my other mod, Tighter Roads.
- House Foundations: you can now build a pre-stage for houses. While in the foundation stage, you can place inner-property roads, and once done, upgrade the foundation into the respective house. Inner-property road tiles were not possible with Tighter Roads' method due to pathing issues, so it required a more advanced technique. Only wood and stone houses are supported now. CC houses will be added soon.
- 1x1 road-enabled decorations from Colonial Charter (optional). Whereas 1x1 road-enabled decorations cannot normally be deleted, this mod works around it by giving these props an upgrade option. If you need to delete the decoration, upgrade it first, then delete it.
- Allows 1x1 decorations to be placed inside other buildings' roadspace. EG you can place benches infront of houses.
You can still use this mod even if you don't use Colonial Charter. As with Tighter Roads, it will show as conflicting with CC. This is normal. Just be sure this mod is higher up in the load order.
Warning 1: This mod is not perfect. If you try to delete a road underneath a customized house, it will crash the game. If you want to change the roads underneath a house, you'll need to remove the house first (this does not include the regular road along the front strip of the house). Likewise, if you upgrade a decoration in order to delete it, do not delete the road before deleting the decoration.
Warning 2: if you use this mod with an existing save, and have pre-existing decorations, you should delete them before enabling this mod. If you try to delete the old decorations after loading the mod, you'll run into the broken tile problem.
One final note: the mod technically allows an unlimited number of decorations to be placed in one tile. However, only the last decoration you placed will be recognized by the game, causing the remaining decorations to be permanent.
- Fixed toolbar crash
- Added a new house foundations system. Toolbar -> Housing -> Foundations. Using this feature, you can now place a house foundation down, and while a house is in "foundation-mode", you can place roads throughout its inner property. Once done, you can upgrade the foundation into the respective house, giving you a complete house with built-in roads. This was impossible with my Tighter Roads mod. The only downside to this is the game will crash if you attempt to delete a road below a completed house, so you will need to remove a house if you want to change the roads underneath it (not including the regular roadstrip out in the front). - Fixed the tooltips for upgrading decorations.