Installing the patch
- With Steam: simply make sure that you have the latest version.
- With standard install: download the 1.0.4 patch (official site) and extract it into your game folder (making sure to preserve the directory structure of the archive).
Installing the mod
To install a mod for Banished, you just need to move the mod file (modname.pkm) into the WinData folder. The default locations are:
- With Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Banished\WinData
- With standard install: C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software\Banished\WinData
Running the mod
- Click the mods button on the main menu, and select which mods you want to be active. Any new games you start will have those mods enabled.
To run mods on an existing save, first load the saved game, then enable mods through the in-game menu (press Esc).