Tree Of Life [Version 1]
- Filename: TreeOfLifeVersion1ByDarkbibou.pkm (2.3 MB)
- Current version: 1.0 (83 months ago)
- Total downloads: 19,420
Hello everyone :)
Don't you think that the world generated at the beginning of a new game is a bit plain and lifeless ?
Why is there only one type of wild animal that wander on the map and not a single wild fruit tree ?!
Like Owlchemist and the Black Liquid team before me, I think that its possible to make more lively maps :)
My contribution to achieve this common goal is called "Tree Of Life"
The Tree Of Life mod allows all livestocks to live in the wild and all types of fruit trees to grow in small to medium clusters on the map.
As a bonus, all the functionalities of my Busy Laborers mod are fully included and enhanced in this new mod :)
This mod is still in beta and you might experienced unexpected bugs (ie. bugs not spotted during the alpha testing) and some production value and spawn rates might still need some adjustments.
I need more feedbacks so please don't hesitate to leave a comment (bug report, suggestion, etc.) ! :D
Here is what you will get after the activation of this mod:
- All livestocks can now live in the wild and share the map with the deers (Wild cows, Wild sheeps, Wild Chickens)
- The "Hunting cabin" can now hunt any type of wild animal
- The "Hunting cabin" now have an "Auto-pickup" button
- When a wild animal is killed by a hunter it will produce meat, animal skin and possibly an additional resource depending on the species (eggs, wool)
The amount of meat and skin collected by animal depends of the size of the animal (chicken < sheep < deer < cow).
- New building: Tannery
The tannery can be used to convert wild animal skins into leather.
The 3D model of the tannery has been created by RedKetchup
Some additional information:
- The cost of the tannery is: 28 unit of wood, 20 unit of stone and 12 unit of iron
- The size of the building is 6x5 tiles (+ roads)
- A wild animal skin is transformed into 2-3 unit of leather at the tannery
- The standard cows (raised in pastures) still give leather directly but the production has been increased from 4-6 to 6-9 leather by killed cow.
Location of the tannery toolbar icon:
- Wild fruit trees are now able to grow on the map in small to medium sized clusters
The wild fruit trees can spawn roots, herbs (only when they are old) and wild fruits.
To limit the number of 3D models required, all the types of fruits are represented by small cornucopias.
The cornucopia 3D model has been created by Maal
You can see an example of cornucopia just in front of a wild apple tree on this picture:
- The employees of the "Gatherer hut" can now collect wild fruits
- All the functionnalities of my Busy Laborers mod have been included in this new mod
To tell the truth they have been enhanced since your citizens can now collect wild fruits everywhere on the map.
The "Collect wild food" and "Collect stone and iron" buttons even have brand new icons.
A new collect button has also been added: it allows you to cut down wild fruit trees for their wood.
Here is the new content of the removal toolbar:
- Choose between 4 difficulty levels in 4 types of starting conditions => 16 starting conditions
The 4 difficulty levels are: easy, medium, hard and Adam&Eve
The 4 types of starting conditions are:
- Standard map without wild animals or wild fruit trees
- Tree Of Life map with both wild animals and wild fruit trees ([ToL] *** (Full))
- Only the wild animals ([ToL] *** (Animals))
- Only the wild fruit trees ([ToL] *** (Trees))
Please note that it's impossible to remove a toolbar icon depending on the selected starting condition.
As a consequence, the Tannery toolbar entry is still here even in "Trees mode".
- Version 1.0 was developed for Banished version 1.0.4 (Build 141123 - 64bits)
April 3 2015
This mod is also available on the Steam Workshop: Subscribe
Please, thumbs it up if you like it ;)
- Please, follow the guide written on this site (Installation guide) to know where to place the .pkm file
- Activate the mod through the "Mods" entry of the Banished main menu
This mod will conflict with every mod that change the list of starting conditions.
Unfortunatly, with the current version of the modkit, modders are forced to modify the same file section to add new starting conditions (or simply new content on the generated maps).
As a consequence this mod will have small and limited conflict with the "Beautiful world" and "Colonial Charter" mods for exemple.
Hopefully, the conflict is limited to the starting condition sub menu only (of the new city creation window) and you should not experienced any other conflict with the CC mod.
You can for example use CC custom terrain types and TreeOfLife starting conditions at the same time without issue.
When you want to use CC custom starting conditions (Medium+, Missionary, etc.), you just have to place CC above ToL in your list of mod before the new game creation.
And if you want to use ToL starting conditions, you just have to place ToL above CC :)
Since Busy Laborers (BL) is totally included in TreeOfLife (ToL) there is obviously a conflict between the two mods.
Therefore, you should desactivate BL when ToL is activated.
If you find any conflict with any other mod plese describe it in the comment section :)
Some additional data:
- You obviously need a new game to use ToL content to its maximum ^^
- You might want to cut the standard trees that grow in the middle of a cluster of wild fruit trees if you want to create nice natural fruit tree groves and maximize your wild fruit production ;)
- Can you include the Old Growth Pines and Mountain Pines from the "Beautiful world" mod in ToL ?
Yes, it's possible. I already get the agreement of Owlchemist to include his creations into ToL.
I now need to work on that now ^^
- Can you include "CC" animals in ToL ?
That's possible but not planned at the moment.
Note: This section will be updated with your questions :)
Special Thanks to:
- Kralyerg for his help during the debugging and his wide knowledge about Banished modding !
- RedKetchup for the marvelous Tannery 3D model
- Maal for the cornucopia and animal skin 3D models
- The members of the WorldOfBanished forum and Colonial Charter forum for the alpha testing
- DetachableMonkey for the source code of his Adam & Eve mod
- The BanishedInfo administrator for his great site !
- Every downloaders and testers ;)
Feel free to leave a comment (or a simple thank you, it's always appreciated ^^)
See you guys and have fun on Banished ! :D