Flatten Terrain Tool
- Filename: flatten.pkm (6 kB)
- Current version: 1.1 (38 months ago)
- Total downloads: 51,668
!!READ CAREFULLY!! This is a powerful tool with NO UNDO. SAVE BEFORE USING, AND SAVE OFTEN!!
** This tool may be considered a cheat. **
** There are no build/work requirements and the effects are immediate. **
** Don't ruin the fun-- Use responsibly! **
There is a new tool available in your 'Removal and Destruction' menu, at position 8. The icon is the same as you see here. Click the tool, and then drag over an area of land. One of three things happens:
1) Over water: Terrain is raised, creating a landbridge. This will not interrupt the flow of water, and traders can pass through it.
2) Over hills/mountains: Terrain is lowered to ground-level. Can create steep cliffs.
3) Over obstacles (trees, rocks, etc): Ground will not be altered until all obstacles are cleared by your workers. As soon as the job is done, the terrain will flatten.
In all cases, the newly-flattened terrain can be used for building. Once this happens, you must delete the 'footprint' left behind. Use the 'Remove Buildings' tool and click anywhere on the footprint to remove it, leaving you with a fresh patch of flattened terrain.
* After dragging an area, a 'footprint' is left behind. This must be deleted using the 'Remove Building' tool before you can build there.
* Trade boats pass through leveled waters.